Friday, July 8, 2016

Assessment Folder

Wow, has it really been that long since I last posted? This term has been so hectic and I guess finding time out from that has been difficult. I did think I would share some of the things I have been doing. My focus this term has been assessment and a way of managing this with our two classes, which is over 40 students. If you are not familiar with the Intensive English Language Program, each term we are asked to assess each student using a large rubric type document. One for literacy and one for numeracy. Our assessment includes observational, diagnostic, formative and summative. We aim for authentic assessment and my school particularly encourages the inquiry approach. Having said that, there are basic skills that we need to document each term that might not be covered by our inquiry and so we needed to find a way to assess these efficiently.

I started to make assessment charts that are stored in a folder, so when I have a moment, I can individually assess a learner. The 'Possible activities' all link to an outcome in the assessment rubric. These are not sheets that I use for recording. There will be more made so keep and eye out, but the following are available for you to download for use in your classroom. 

Numbers 0-19




 Download this here.


Numbers 1-20















Download this here.

Numbers 1-100

 













Download this here.

Numbers 101-200


  













Download this here

Colours. This was one I didn't think I would have to make but it was very difficult to find any colour charts that did not have the name of the colour printed next to it. 


Download this here

No comments:

Post a Comment